It’s a fairly predictable formula: every few years we run the Bay Area classic “The Milpitas Monster.” The creator, Robert Burrill, will join us to talk about the movie and show us some customarily absurd props from the film. He might bring special effects guru, Stephen Wathen with him. We’ll all have a cheerful chuckle over the film and a good time will be had by all. The next day:
• 4 people will write a strongly-worded letter complaining about the quality of the film.
• 9 people will write telling us that if we like films like this, we should also show <insert title of kaiju film here>.
• 6 people will write telling us that they lived in Milpitas during the 1970’s.
• 11 people will write saying they remember Bob Wilkins mentioning this film.
• 1 person will write to say he was unable to connect online and that it is our fault he missed the show.
In any case, other than the 4 people mentioned previously, most everyone really likes this home-grown film that is a throw-back to a simpler time when a high school in a small community could pull off making a fairly decent monster movie without all the red tape that would be required to make it happen today.
All this while Tangella opens new doors for Livingston, this Saturday night at 9PM Pacific Time at the YouTube link above and on-demand at our Roku, AppleTV and FireTV channels. Don’t miss it!